The 2020 Photosub AGM was very different due to the current COVID19 lockdown. Using video technology a virtual AGM was held from club members various houses. 20 club members attended the meeting held on Wed 15th April. This meeting had already been delayed from earlier in the year due to winter storms.
Key points from the AGM were:
There were 4 social events during the year, all well attended and also the usual 3 competitions which once again were very well supported with some excellent quality images.
- The 2019 dinner was once again held at the Farnham House Hotel. 33 club members and partners attended. There was an excellent entry from members with a total of 134 images across all of the categories from 17 club members and 20 prints. Our Judge for the competition was Kirsty Andrews from the Bristol Group who attended the dinner. Kirsty is a very keen UK diver/photographer and is now doing more overseas trips as well.
- Thanks to Martha and Anthony for opening up their house for our June meeting. Those that attended had an enjoyable evening.
- The Splash-In Competition and summer BBQ was once again held at Jo and Keith’s House in Cranleigh in September with 28 Members attended. The Splash – in entries were judged by Emma Stokes who is a professional Landscape and Wedding photographer.
- The November meeting and Photosub Annual Open Competition was very kindly hosted by Pat Deeley. It was a very pleasant social gathering with 33 people attending. There were 44 images from 15 members projected and pre-judged by Paul Statham and Pat Williams.
Thanks to all those who attend our events and participate, and for taking such great photographs. Also, for entering our competitions and perhaps most importantly for being so friendly and sociable. My special thanks go also to your committee members who do such unsung work behind the scenes and keep the club functioning.
It was proposed that subs remain at £15 for diving members and £8 for non-diving members. The meeting agreed this. Subs are now due and those that have already paid were thanked.
Election of Officers
The current officers were willing to be re-elected and as no others came forward the meeting unanimously, and with relief, agreed to the following:
- Chair – Martyn Guess
- Treasurer – Martha Tressler\
- Hon Secretary – Roger Eve
- Competition Secretary and Webmaster – Keith Lyall
- Committee Member – Bert Lee
Annual Dinner: This was postponed and rescheduled to 16th October.
Other Meetings: It might be possible to have an online meeting with photo presentations during May/June. We would hopefully be able to hold a BBQ in late August. If any members would be willing to host a meeting please contact a member of the committee. A date and venue would be explored by the committee. With the dinner in October there would not be a November meeting. We would expect to be able to hold our usual January meeting.
Keith Lyall (Competition Secretary) proposed a change to the exclusions clauses for the Autumn Competition and the Prints & Digital Competition (Annual). Current wording stated
Exclusions: Photos that have previously come first, second, or third in any national or international competition cannot be used. Photos that have achieved first, second, or third in any national or international portfolio competition can be used. Entries that have come first in any Photosub competitions are not eligible.
To encourage more diversity in competition entries Keith proposed that entries that have come first, second or third in any Photosub competitions are not eligible As recently there have been a number of repeat entries using placed images. The motion was approved overwhelmingly. The new wording will read
Exclusions: Photos that have previously come first, second, or third in any national or international competition cannot be used. Photos that have achieved first, second, or third in any national or international portfolio competition can be used. Entries that have come first, second or third in any Photosub competitions are not eligible.
There being no other Business the meeting was closed at 2100 BST.
Thanks to all who joined the meeting, to Martha for investigating and setting up the video conference and to Martyn for chairing the meeting.