In light of the ongoing Covid-19 social distancing measures, the Photosub Club members continue to keep in contact through video conferencing. On the evening of Saturday 16th May, 18 members attended a virtual meeting for a general catch-up and to present a series of images and talks, covering both underwater and topside subjects.
2021 Annual Meal & Competition Proposal
Chairman Martyn Guess opened the meeting and presented an alternate proposal to replace the annual Farnham Hotel meal which has become too expensive due to changes in the way in which the hotel operates. It is proposed to hold the meal in tents/gazebos at Martyn and Sue’s home on Saturday 31st July. Martyn has contacted a local caterer who will provide a complete meal service including table, plates and cutlery. Costings and a final proposal will be made to club members.
The annual competition will be held at this event. However as this evening replaces the club BBQ, it is proposed that the Green Water images (both macro and wide) will be images normally taken as part of the splash-in. Keith will provide more details in the near future, but as a heads up it is proposed that ANY green water images taken in 2021 will be eligible to increase the scope for entries.
The remainder of the evening consisted of a number of presentations:
- Mike Davidge – Kenyan Safari
- Gill Marsh – Humming Birds
- Dario Navaro – Snorkelling Images from Bodrum, Turkey
- Jo Horrocks – Garden birds drinking and bathing
- Roger Eve – Woodpecker feeding young
- Gill Marsh – South Georgia & Antarctica
- A great presentation on a trip to the Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica, specifically for the wildlife and immense scenery.
- Keith Lyall – Diving Bonaire
- An overview of diving in Bonaire, Caribbean and how the dive setup is conducive to ‘socially isolated” diving
- Martyn Guess – Seals and Castles of Northumberland
- Diving will the seals of the Farnes and photographing the many castles of the Northumberland coastline.
- Martyn Guess for running the evening
- Martha Tressler for setting up the video call
- Roger Eve for providing meeting arrangement details
- Keith Lyall for creating the slideshow
- Gill Marsh, Jo Horrocks, Martyn Guess, Roger Eve, Keith Lyall, Dario Navaro & Mike Davidge for providing images/presenting