The Photosub 2016 AGM & Social Meeting was held at Martha and Anthony’s home near Southampton. There were 14 of of us in total, enjoying some lovely food and puds, recent images and a slightly longer than usual AGM – we had a bit more to cover than usual.
Some great projected images were provided by Martha, Anthony, Joss and Cat Briggs, a visitor to Photosub and hopefully soon to be a new member. It’s hard for me to put my finger on exactly what happened, but as the evening moved on, so the meeting evolved into a somewhat boisterous, rebellious and irreverent affair. Wholly enjoyable, and a great evening!
My thanks, as ever, to everybody for coming along and to those that brought images to share. Particularly thanks go to Martha and Anthony for hosting the evening for us and for feeding us so well (with the help of some unnamed pudding providers).
The key points from the AGM were:
- It was agreed that subscriptions for full members remain at £15, and we have added a second membership category of Social Member at £8. This is for people who were diving members but can no longer dive. This is because about half the club’s outgoings are for meeting costs and this was agreed as a fair arrangement. 2017 subscriptions are now due. Electronic payment to the Photosub bank account if possible please (HSBC; account # 61212605; sort code 40-27-07).
- It was agreed that the Splash-In has a competition period of approximately four weeks, as it did in 2016, timed to allow images to be judged for the BBQ meeting. The area to be dived will remain anywhere in UK or Irish waters. For 2017 the competition period will be the month of July with a deadline for images to reach Keith by midnight 31 July.
- As part of the Splash-in event, Pat will be scattering some of Len’s ashes at Selsey on Sunday 23 July. We hope as many club members as possible can be there. Timing and details to be arranged.
Other 2017 plans:
- Godfrey and Judith will host the BBQ on 12 August
- Roger and Wendy will host the May meeting, date tba
- Joss will host the November meeting, date tba
And a reminder to let Bob Soames have menu choices for the annual dinner on 18 March and send payment to the Photosub bank account, letting Kam know.