A most enjoyable evening was had last night by about 35 club members and guests at the Photosub BBQ, which was hosted by Keith and Jo. The weather was dry and sunny, the food was great and it was an opportunity to meet up with friends. So special thanks to Keith and Jo, with grateful help from Pash, Rob, Jan and Linda.
This year rather than a splash-in weekend, images were allowed from any time in July, up to and including Sunday 24th of July; in addition images could be taken anywhere in the UK. This allowed for more members to participate and help get around the usual issue of the British weather preventing diving. Initially Peter Tatton was looking to have made a clean sweep of prizes as the only entry, but in the end we had 7 members contributing 21 images.
- 1st place Tompot Blenny, taken under Selsey Lifeboat Station, by Pash Baker
- 2nd place Leeches Spidercrab taken under Selsey Lifeboat Station, by Jo Horrocks
- 3rd place Farne Island Seals by Peter Ladell
- Highly Commended Goby taken at Swanage by Bob Soames
- Highly Commended Jellyfish tentacles by Peter Ladell
- Highly Commended Black Goby taken under Selsey Lifeboat Station, by Keith Lyall
- Commended Tompot Blenny, taken under Selsey Lifeboat Station, by Keith Lyall
- Commended Tompot Blenny, taken under Selsey Lifeboat Station, by Jo Horrocks
- Commended Tompot Blenny & Leeches Spidercrab, taken under Selsey Lifeboat Station, by Rob White
The photographers of all 3 placed images were presented with a trophy and a copy of “Ultimate Diving Adventures” by Len Deeley which was apt given his recent death.
Congratulations to the winners and also to all that participated. At the end of the day we had a good quality competition.
Thanks for Martha and Anthony for providing the audio visual equipment, to Kam for collecting the money for the evening, and Bob as master of ceremonies.